Almost all networked devices utilize SNMP protocols and as such can be monitored, configured and controlled to your specifications.
You can reduce the attack surface of your business by carefully managing and tracking your SNMP devices and settings.
A quality SNMP system can map your networked devices and monitor them real-time saving you time and resources.
What are SNMP Devices?
A Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a protocol used to manage particular network devices connected via an IP which includes routers, switches, firewalls, storage devices, UPS devices, cameras and printers.
Devices are vulnerable
While SNMP can be provides many options for networking, if not set up and monitored correctly, you could be exposed to problems such as:
- Missing Access Control Lists
- Lax software updating procedures
- Failure to block or manage ports 161 and 162
- Failure to disable SNMP when not in use
- Not upgrading to SNMPv3 for greater security
SNMP facilitates the collection of data related to networks and network-connected devices which can assist Your IT Crew with managing, monitoring and customizing your devices and applications.
Core service features
Your IT Crew have extensive experience with SNMP devices and as such can offer the following:
- Continual monitoring of SNMP connected devices
- Installation of SNMPv3 for added security and privacy
- Use of SNMP Agent to collect and collate device metrics
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) monitoring
- Control of data that can be sent between SNMP devices
Benefits of monitoring SNMP devices
Real-time monitoring of device consumables
Alerts when resources are running low
Connect securely to SNMP devices within the network
Optimize performance through dependency visibility
Centralized cloud management tools
Quickly identify performance issues
Map networked devices & inventory
Control devices across manufacturers
At Your IT Crew we have enterprise grade tools at our disposal to map and monitor your SNMP connected devices, keeping them secure, available and connected.
Talk to Your IT Crew today to discuss your SNMP needs.