Router & Switch Monitoring
Routers and switches are the nodes that manage traffic and access across distributed networks including LAN and VPN.
Not paying attention to configuration and monitoring of intermediary devices can lead to poor performance or security breaches.
Your IT Crew provides granular control and increased security through enterprise level administration tools
What is Router & Switch Monitoring?
Router and switch monitoring falls under the broader category of Network Configuration Management and involves the continual supervision of network hubs, routers and switches.
Switches connect multiple devices like wireless access points, servers, computers, and printers on the same network and allow connected devices to communicate with each other and share information.
Control traffic & access
Failing to monitor and manage your switches and routers can lead to many problems including:
- Slow network traffic both internally and to external networks
- Component failure which can lead to network downtime
- Failure to remediate network performance issues
- Inability to track rogue applications or malware
- Inability to accommodate usage spikes or seasonal traffic
By using battle-tested switch and router monitoring tools, Your IT Crew can ensure the devices you want monitored are available, active and that their operational parameters are being met.
Core service features
We offer a centralized management and control system that can provide solutions that:
- Use monitoring protocols including Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP).
- Utilize network mapping features that allow us to get a complete view of your network and connected devices
- Use bandwidth utilization tools which read the operational settings of network switches looking at memory loads and data transfer rates
- Identify device dependencies to avoid cascading failures in the event of upstream components affecting multiple downstream devices
- Identify issues with metrics such as CPU usage, memory and interface utilization so they are corrected with minimal disruption to the network
Benefits of monitoring routers & switches
Reduced downtime leading to cost savings
Improved customer & guest experience
Increased security through IPsec protocols
Control access via port, IP & signature
Monitor data packets & ARP communications
Alleviate spikes is traffic accross the network
Segment or isolate networks & hosts
DMZ / firewall setup & administration
Customize intermediary devices
At Your IT Crew we take pride in our ability to monitor and maintain network components and have the necessary tools and experience to minimize issues and maintain high availability.
Talk to one of our network consultants today about how we can help you.