Data Risk Assessment
Your data grows with your business, and like your business, it needs to be reviewed regularly for efficiency, integrity and compliance.
Many problems can arise when you don't know what data you have, where it is located and who has access to it.
We offer a range of data risk assessment services that can assist in mapping data, assessing risk and remediating vulnerabilities.
What is a Data Risk Assessment?
Data risk assessment is a process used to review data storage and management locations to assess who is accessing it and whether alterations need to be made to access controls.
Data security focused
Without performing a data risk assessment you could encounter one or all of the following issues:
- Risk of leaking personal information
- Increase the likelihood of a breach of data
- Discrimination or reputation harm due to leaks
- Inefficient organization of data
- Financial loss or theft from insiders
Data assessment scope
The assessment can include reviewing databases, on premise and cloud based shared drives, servers and workstations, and Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) such as mobile phones and tablets .
Core service features
Your IT Crew offers a range of data risk assessment services that include:
- Monitoring file and integrity to prevent data-loss
- Limiting USB usage in your business network
- Collection and analysis of third-party data interactions
- Real-time alerts and threat response automation
- Compliance and ad-hoc reporting
Benefits of data risk assessment
Identify outdated access points & permissions
Set handling standards among employees
Create awareness of data importance
Reduce chance of data breaches & theft
Greater compliance through preventative measures
Costs savings from a proactive approach
Organise, classify & map data footprint
Review risk controls & authentication
Let's get your data in order
Your IT Crew provides data risk assessment and management solutions to a range of small to medium businesses with variable needs and resources.
Talk to us today about your data risk requirements, big or small.